Three Rivers Optical Policies
We consider our customers to be valued partners in our work. We aim to serve the diverse needs of all optical patients. To ensure the highest quality of vision care and your complete satisfaction, please read all of the following information about TRO’s various business policies and warranties before ordering.
- TRO accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards.
- All stock orders are Net 30 days.
- A 20% discount is available on all prescription orders paid before the tenth day of the following month, as well as 5% cash back economic stimulus on net rx purchases the following month as a statement credit or a check to the business owner or their appointee. This discount is not available on stock orders.
- Customers will be assessed a monthly 2% service charge on unpaid balances after 30 days.
- In the event of legal recourse to collect an unpaid balance, the customer agrees to pay all associated court costs plus legal fees of 15% of the unpaid balance.
Any account with a balance due in the:
- 30-day column will be converted to COD.
- 60-day column will be placed on credit hold.
- Over 90 days will be sent for collection.
- Prescription orders can be canceled once the lenses have been generated but will be subject to a 50% cancellation charge
- Frame orders from “direct-sell” frame suppliers cannot be canceled once the frames have been shipped by the supplier.
- Direct-sell frames cannot be exchanged.
All telephone prescription orders will be read back to the customer and verified for accuracy at the time of the initial order. The customer agrees to accept the verified order.
“Lenses Only” Orders
All “lenses only” orders will be cut according to the box measurements listed in the “Frames Book” or to a “C” size provided by the customer. The customer agrees to accept responsibility for including any measurement information that deviates from the box measurements listed in the “Frames Book” or the standard “C” size provided by the customer, or to provide TRO with a sample frame for edge sizing.
- Requested changes are done at no charge within 90 days of the ship date of the original including frame, fitting, and/or material changes.
- Progressive lens non-adapts are allowable within one year of the original ship date.
- Lenses will be billed at regular charge and original lenses must be returned for full credit.
- Original invoice number must be included when re-ordering.
Lens Resurfacing, Lens Re-edging, Lens Dying or Re-dying
These operations can be performed on glass, plastic, polycarbonate, and high-index coated or uncoated lenses only at the customer’s risk. The customer agrees to accept responsibility for breakage as a result of these operations.
- All lenses (except for CR SV and lined multi-focals) are warranted for the same frame with same add-ons for one year, one time.
- Factory scratch can be added to excluded lenses for an additional charge for the same warranty terms.
- Lenses with TR-2 and TD-2 applied at additional charge are warrantied for two years, two times.
Premium AR’s are warrantied for manufacturer defects for two years, two times. Standard AR’s are warrantied for manufacturer defects for one year, one time, with strip and re-coat.
Other Lens Warranties
- Progressive Non-Adapt lenses are warranted for replacement per the manufacturer’s policy.
- Transitions lens materials carry a one-year scratch warranty.
- For any frame to be returned for credit, the customer must provide the frame, the original packaging, the original invoice, and a reason for the return.
- Frames cannot be returned for credit more than 90 days after the original order date.
- Frames that have been discontinued by the manufacturer cannot be returned for credit.
- A 10% service charge will be assessed on all frame returns.
- Credit for returned frames are subject to acceptance by the frame manufacturers. Credit for a returned frame will be issued to the customer only after credit has been received by Three Rivers Optical from the manufacturer.
- No credit will be given on “shop worn” frames or frames that have had lenses inserted.
Three Rivers Optical honors all frame manufacturer guarantees against defective materials.
Frame Pricing Policies
- All “direct sell” frame suppliers carry a service charge of $12.50 for each prescription or stock frame. There are no discounts available. These frames can only be returned from the ecp to the frame supplier. TRO cannot return these frames for the ecp to the manufacturer.
- All single prescription or stock frame orders will be invoiced at the prescription price shown in the “Frames” price list.
- All stock frame “kit orders” will be invoiced at 20% off the list price shown in the “Frames” price list.